Hey there! How are you feeling these days?
Hopefully you’re not under the weather, like most everyone I talk to these days. The cooler weather has officially rolled in (which I absolutely LOVE), but with it comes the germs and cooties we all hope to avoid.
No matter if you’re feeling ill, know someone who is, or just want to boost your immunity to help prevent… look no further, because we’ve got you covered!
Here are my personal lifestyle and nutrition tips, as well as supplement suggestions, to keep your system running optimal and strengthen your battle armor!
As always… I recommend high quality companies that are clean, trustworthy, and effective. NuEthix (use discount code ENERGY) and Xymogen (Wholescripts) are the companies I trust.
Suggested Supplements: These are a base to always have and take as needed, then you can add other supplements based off whether you get a cold or a virus.
- Vitamin D (Xymogen): must be paired with K at the right dose and you must have adequate magnesium). It is fat soluble, so take it with your fats.
- Vitamin C (non GMO form is essential): can take up to 10X the regular dose when sick or up to bowel tolerance (liposomal is good form from NuEthix)
- Zinc Glycinate – (Xymogen) take with food and a good form or it can upset tummy – specifically protects tissue barriers in the body and helps prevent foreign pathogens from entering. It is a common deficiency in America.
Lifestyle and Nutrition Tips:
- Sunshine: boosts levels of Vitamin D, increases blood levels of natural opiates (pain killers) called endorphins and increases the happy hormone called dopamine (antidepressant). People that don’t get enough sun have an altered cellular defense mechanism that predisposes them to excessive inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Sun lowers blood pressure and sets circadian rhythm, which improves sleep (fall asleep and STAY asleep). And it’s FREE!
- Gentle Movement: moves lymph (body’s trash pick-up system). A sluggish lymphatic system can result in a lowered immune system, fluid retention, cellulite, and fatty deposits. It can also be a roost cause of respiratory problems, sinus infections, swollen glands, eczema, colds and ear infections. Through exercise you are increasing the movement of more immune cells, providing extra time for the immune cells to identify unwanted intruders and keep you from getting sick. Movement also exercises the lungs, which will help prevent infections and pneumonia.
- Grounding: decreases inflammation, improves sleep, normalizes the day-night cortisol rhythm, and increases deep sleep. Reduces pain by decreasing inflammation. Reduces stress by shifting the autonomic nervous system from sympathetic toward parasympathetic activation. Increases heart rate variability and de-clumps red blood cells. A great way to increase immunity.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social pages for more detailed information regarding immunity boosting!